HEY!

Hi!
Perhaps you'd love to tell me that you visited and/or dropped by my blogsite!
Post a comment on my entries.
Or you can leave a message on my Cbox.
Thanks a lot!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The bottom line, Cory, and Rodic's.

I just checked out my blogsites and I realized how low I was in managing all three sites: Ang Pilit na Pag-abot sa Mataas na Kalangitan, Lost in Disturbing Tranquility, and Under Different Perspectives. I have not been posting too much. But I felt like I have been posting too little entries. Oh well, how would I know if someone's reading, by the way? That doesn't matter much. I know, sometime, somewhere, it will.

It's the first day of August. Former president and People Power Icon Corazon "Cory" Cojuangco-Aquino, wife of assassinated senator and opposition leader Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino, died this morning, at age 76. She was announced dead by 03.18 in the morning, Manila time, due to Cardio-Respiratory arrest. She was earlier diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer and was battling the disease for months. Now let's be assured that she can finally rest in peace.
However, yesterday, 31st of July, Rodic's Diner celebrated their 60th anniversary. A classic and popular dining place in the University of the Philippines Diliman, situated at the UP Shopping Center, Rodic's Diner has now been also popular in Makati, being situated in Salcedo Street, Legazpi Village. Tapsilog, a dish comprised of shredded tapa (beef), sinangag na kanin (fried rice), and piniritong itlog (fried egg), has become a bestseller, being the most ordered dish in the establishment. My personal favorites are their Jumbosilog (Jumbo Hotdog with Sinangag and Piniritong Itlog), Sinigang na Baboy (Pork... I can't translate sinigang!), and Liempo (Roast Pork something... I'm not good at explaining food.).
This month, August, means Buwan ng Wika (Month of Language) in the Philippines. It is expected that most schools, especially primary and secondary, will celebrate this month long celebration, along with the celebration for president Manuel Quezon, who established Filipino, a language largely based on Tagalog with some words from different local languages, as the official language of the Philippines, along with English.

No comments:

Post a Comment