HEY!

Hi!
Perhaps you'd love to tell me that you visited and/or dropped by my blogsite!
Post a comment on my entries.
Or you can leave a message on my Cbox.
Thanks a lot!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Confessing shopaholic tendencies.

[Image removed because I "was not authorized to use the photo". Makes sense. Next time, I'm gonna use my photos and images.]
I just watched Confessions of a Shopaholic at SM City North Edsa and again, I went alone.
So this is supposed to be a movie review.
Thank goodness, Jerry Bruckheimer productions kind of made the movie faithful to it's book. But I wonder if Sophie Kinsella would ever be annoyed of the setting, which is in Manhattan (originally in London, with its sequel, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, set in New York).  I doubt if a sequel would ever exist. (And the movie seems to make a large period in it.)
Rebecca Bloomwood, journalist and shopaholic, takes her life to an exhilarating adventure of ignoring credit card debts (not forgetting to mention that she possesses a total of 12 credit cards) and making up every possible excuse for it. As she goes on avoiding Derek Smeath, the bank's manager, she finds herself crossed with Luke Brandon, at her rising career in newfound Successful Saving magazine where, ironically, she gives advice to readers regarding financial issues. Suze, her best friend where she shares a flat with, keeps an eye on her shopaholic acts. It's a wild and hilarious story to keep you staring into that big silverscreen!
Now let's go to the me-side.
This has been one of the rare times I find myself going back home without any shopping bag at hand. All I had spent inside the mall was a Blizzard at Dairy Queen and the ticket for the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment